Over the years automated sentence calculation has been a costly and often inconsistent
solution for States and local facilities. While developing numerous sentence calculation
solutions for various jurisdictions, the founders and developers of CompuStrategies Automated
Sentence Management (ASM) system have long believed that a cost effective, highly reliable
solution could be developed to calculate sentences. They have analyzed sentencing
requirements from multiple State and local facilities and have developed a design that serves as
an engine for driving sentence calculations.
The goals of the design are:
- Accurate and precise calculation.
- Configurable to allow for current and future (based on new legislation) jurisdiction defined sentence service guidelines, release date definition, good time alternatives, jurisdiction specific data fields, jurisdiction defined credits, and the automated determination of applicable sentence and good time statutes.
- Maintain ongoing history of all data changes that impact sentences and the associated sentencing updates.
- Operate as either a stand-alone system with defined interfaces or able to be integrated into larger prison/jail management systems.
- Provide a cost-effective solution for prisons and jails.